Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Photography videos

Through watching the videos Mr. Slade showed our class, I learned many things about photography. While Neither Of these photographers Showed an empathy for nature as much as I would try for during a free choice project for which I had plenty of time, I really liked their pictures. Taryn Simon's pictures were so good, because they did more than just show us convicts, they showed us how a photograph could create a lie. Travis Lovell's pictures were so good because He really took the time to make it good and that showed, He took the time because he wanted to make something 'ugly' look beautiful, in which He succeeded. If there are two things I learned from these photographers, it is that If you take your time, You can make anything look good, and Ideas can be just as good of a subject as a place or thing.

No comments: